Tuesday, November 2, 2010

School Halloween Party

Benjamin's class party was on Thursday, October 28th, 2010. I signed up to help, hoping that I could make Halloween themed sugar cookies to bring like my Mom used to do. However, I was asked to bring grapes and Ritz-type crackers because they're trying to focus on more healthy options. The kids aren't allowed to wear costumes at school, which was always the highlight of the Halloween parties for me when I was a kid, so I was disappointed about that. But, Benjamin still had a lot of fun. I was in charge of helping the kids make spiders out of pipe cleaners and Tootsie Roll Pops.


Benjamin's first "station" was making a scarecrow from a brown paper bag:




The second station Benjamin had was to dress his teacher as a scarecrow, but I didn't get a picture of that one since it wasn't in the classroom, where I was stationed.

Here is the third station Benjamin had, mine: making spiders:



This classmate of Benjamin's was particularly proud of her spider!




Benjamin with his spider:



"Pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern"



Beanbag toss:






Playing with plastic bugs and "creepy" animals in a table of shaving cream (Mommy wasn't so thrilled with this one) :




Snack-time:



No comments: