Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary

Jason and my 10th wedding anniversary was December 14th, 2012.  We had wanted to go on a Disney Cruise, but couldn't afford to, so we made the best we could here at home.  We started out the day watching "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" because Jason knew how much I wanted to see it.  We then went to a couple of our favorite stores: Hobby Lobby for me, and Menard's for Jason.  Then, we went to dinner at "The Landing", which is where Jason took me for my birthday after we were first married.  We both were disappointed this time, the food was good, but not spectacular like it had been for my birthday almost 10 years ago.  [Maybe they got a different chef??]  Then, Jason took me to the Christmas Spectacular lights show that 5/3 Ballpark puts on every year.  It was a poor substitute for walking the "streets" of Disney World admiring the lights show they have there...but it was much more within the budget.  It was pretty and lots of fun.  Then, we had a reservation downtown Grand Rapids for a half hour carriage ride just like we had on our wedding night.  It was pricey, but it seemed a fitting way to commemorate our wedding 10 years ago.  The kids were sleeping over at Grandpa and Grandma's house, but you don't need to know how we celebrated the rest of the night after we got home. ;)


Flowers Jason got for me.




The 5/3 Ballpark Lights Show










On our carriage ride downtown Grand Rapids





M.F.E.O.


Our horse's name was "Lady"

The driver offered to take a picture of us together, since she had asked if we were celebrating anything and she was pleased when we told her we were celebrating our 10th anniversary.



2 comments:

Amy :) said...

"...but you don't need to know how we celebrated the rest of the night after we got home."

Oh, Rachel, you made me laugh when I read that remark! :)

Mieal Deneb said...

Heehee. :)

~Rachel