Sunday, December 30, 2012

Danish Festival 2012

The Danish Festival this year was August 17-19, 2012.  The theme was "The Snow Queen".  I entered the poster contest again, but this year the competition was almost 3 or 4 times as much as last year!  I made a paper cut for two reasons (1) Hans Christian Anderson did a lot of paper cutting -as well as story writing.  (2) I figured a paper cut/snow flake was fitting for the Snow Queen theme.



The Grand Dansk Parade was on Saturday the 18th.











Last year, I bought an aebleskiver pan but never got around to seasoning it and trying my hand at making ableskivers (pronounced Ay-blah-skee-wah).  This year, I decided to give it a try.  They were pretty good!  So, I think they'll become an annual tradition for our family.  It was fun, trying something from our town's AND my own Danish heritage.




No comments: