Friday, February 24, 2012

Danish Festival

August 20th, 2011: The highlight of the Danish Festival in Greenville, Michigan has got to be the Grand Dansk Parade. The best thing about it is, now that we live in Greenville, we only need to walk about 4 houses down to the corner and we can watch the parade! Every year, my [Michigan] family gathers to watch the parade together, most of us wearing our red Danish flag shirts (my sister Becky and her family and my parents were wearing Danish folk-wear).




I had entered the Danish Festival poster contest and got "Runner-up" status and my artwork on the back of the festival booklet. I got an extra honor because the "Danish Dandies" asked permission to use my artwork on their T-shirts this year! Here are the Danish Dandies. The leaders are sporting white shirts with my artwork in red:


Here's a closer view of one of the shirts:























No comments: